Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

label template

I'm unable to find a label template in Pages. Am I missing something? I want to make mailing, shipping and file folder Avery labels.
Thanks,
Kathy Martell

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.1)

Posted on Aug 8, 2008 6:38 AM

6 replies

Aug 8, 2008 8:17 AM in response to K Martell

Question asked and responded many times.

• Pages is able to merge datas from the AddressBook to create personalized message.
• Pages is not designed to print sheets of label. We may do that from AddressBook itself.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Worried Life Blues 2008

+4. Discussions+

+Apple Discussions, launched in August, 2000, have grown rapidly in usage and features. The main features include personalization, subscription capabilities and email capabilities. _For information on how to use Discussions, please visit the Discussions Help Page_. Cookies should be enabled and an Apple ID account is required if you would like to contribute to the discussions.+

+Entering the Help and Terms of Use area you will read:+

+*What is Apple Discussions and how can it help me?*+
+
Apple Discussions is a user-to-user support forum where experts and other Apple product users get together to discuss Apple products. … You can participate in discussions about various products and topics, find solutions to help you resolve issues, ask questions, get tips and advice, and more.+
+_If you have a technical question about an Apple product, be sure to check out Apple's support resources first by consulting the application Help menu on your computer and visiting our Support site to view articles and more on our product support pages._+

+*I have a question or issue*—+
+how do I search for answers? _
It's possible that your question or issue has already been answered by other members so do a search before posting a question._ On most Apple Discussions pages, you'll find a Search Discussions box in the upper right corner. Enter a search term (or terms) in the field and press Return. Your results will appear as a list of links to posts below the Search Discussions Content pane.+

+Search tips are available here:+
+ http://discussions.apple.com/help/search-tips.html+

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Yvan KOENIG (from FRANCE vendredi 8 août 2008 17:17:03)

Aug 8, 2008 8:37 AM in response to K Martell

Welcome to Apple Discussions Kathy

Pages isn't designed for doing labels. My guess (& it's only a guess), is that, since labels can be printed directly from Address Book, doing labels in Pages wasn't considered a priority. You could make your own, but there isn't a template. If you're planning to merge from Address Book, remember that Pages will only merge one name per page. Check iWork Community for user-contributed templates or templates created for Word on Avery's site. I believe it is also possible to create labels online on Avery's site.

User uploaded file

Aug 9, 2008 2:14 AM in response to adsit

adsit wrote:
I have tried to print labels from ADDRESS BOOK, but it will only print one name-one label

It does what it is designed to do.

If we want a tool printing several copy of one address, as far as I know, we will have to use the good old AppleWorks or a third party product.

This is why I posted a link to Avery's web page when I discovered their program.

Yvan KOENIG (from FRANCE samedi 9 août 2008 11:14:53)

Aug 12, 2008 10:31 AM in response to K Martell

I have a new imac and wanted to print file folder labels too. I was able to open a word document with an existing Avery template in Pages that then was converted to a Pages document and pages showed it as a template. If you have access to a Windows OS, you can download the Avery template, enter some text for good measure and save to a flash drive, then open in Pages. I have windows on my imac through Fusion so was able to open the windows file directly from a shared folder accessable to both operating systems. But I think using a stick drive would also work.
Good Luck!

Oct 26, 2008 1:12 PM in response to KOENIG Yvan

I have perused all Apple help and discussions and have been unable to find an answer to this question.
I have a database in iWork (numbers). I want to take some of the columns (names and addresses) from the database and put them into my address book so I can make labels. Can I do this? The database originated in Excel from another computer. I do not have Excel or Word.

label template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.