Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making calls while plugged to MacBook Pro or ACD or USB Hub

When I connect iPhone to MacBook Pro to sync and charge, it's not possible to make or receive calls. Even after unplugging, I can't make/receive calls and I have to either turn it off or soft reset. Is this normal?

I have an iPhone 3G dock. I have tried several ways to connect it: direct to MacBook Pro, to Apple Cinema Display-MBP, to Belkin USB Hub-ACD-MBP. I have even tried without the dock. Same problem every time.

Any idea?

MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Aug 8, 2008 11:34 AM

2 replies

Aug 8, 2008 4:54 PM in response to maplavi

hello,
Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your problem, but would like to Ad my complaint as well. I have the same problem as you. I have to reset the phone 8-10 times a day. It just doesn't allow phone calls, voicemails, won't allow push email, or even fetch mail. it just says it is connecting, but never does. It seems to be worse after charging or plugging into the computer. After unplugging, forget it, it has to be reset. This is not an improvement and may go back to my old phone soon.

Someone please help us

Aug 9, 2008 1:28 PM in response to maplavi

My problem is solved. It happens that the dock was placed between the Macbook Pro, Time Capsule and a speaker. After multiple tests, I realized that the iPhone mounted on the dock works perfectly well if dock is placed somewhere else away from these items. Right now, the dock is connected to a powered USB hub, then to Apple Cinema Display and then to MacBook Pro.

By the way, it also works well if the iPhone is connected using the usb cable only, without the dock, even if it's placed between these items. I personally think that Time Capsule causes some kind of interference with the dock.

Hope this helps to someone else.

Making calls while plugged to MacBook Pro or ACD or USB Hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.