You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

codesign: unrecognized option `--entitlements'

I am getting this error and not even the Dev center help desk people can figure it out, I have reinstalled xcode and the sdk multiple times, rebuilt my cert tool chain more times than I can count and even reinstalled mac osx on my macbook 4 times. I have been messing with this for over a week and I am at my wits end. I have stepped through the guided "setup" process for your dev machine many many times and I have done the same thing for another computer and it worked perfectly. Another person on my dev team, without any issues so i know it isn't the certs. From what I can tell "--entitlements" isn't even a switch for the codesign program however somehow it is in there. Thanks for all the help in advance.
This is my output at the end of the build...

ProcessingProductPackaging "/Users/cagedcoder/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/EB219925-9820-476B-A00D-7A08A3EBD9A4.mobileprovision" /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/Debug-iphoneos/BubbleLevel.app/em bedded.mobileprovision
cd /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel
<com.apple.compilers.product-pkg-utility> "/Users/cagedcoder/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/EB219925-9820-476B-A00D-7A08A3EBD9A4.mobileprovision" -o /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/Debug-iphoneos/BubbleLevel.app/em bedded.mobileprovision

Touch /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/Debug-iphoneos/BubbleLevel.app
/usr/bin/touch -c /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/Debug-iphoneos/BubbleLevel.app

CompressResources /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/Debug-iphoneos/BubbleLevel.app
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/iphoneos-optimize /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/Debug-iphoneos/BubbleLevel.app

ProcessingProductPackaging /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/Info.plist /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/BubbleLevel.build/Debug-iphoneos/ BubbleLevel.build/BubbleLevel.xcent
<com.apple.compilers.product-pkg-utility> /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/Info.plist -entitlements -format xml -o /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/BubbleLevel.build/Debug-iphoneos/ BubbleLevel.build/BubbleLevel.xcent

CodeSign /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/Debug-iphoneos/BubbleLevel.app
/usr/bin/codesign -f -s "iPhone Developer" --resource-rules=/Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/Debug-iphoneos/B ubbleLevel.app/ResourceRules.plist --entitlements /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/BubbleLevel.build/Debug-iphoneos/ BubbleLevel.build/BubbleLevel.xcent /Users/cagedcoder/Downloads/BubbleLevel/build/Debug-iphoneos/BubbleLevel.app
Usage: codesign -s identity [-fv*] [-o flags] [-r reqs] [-i ident] path ... # sign
codesign -v [-v*] [-R testreq] path|pid ... # verify
codesign -d [options] path ... # display contents
codesign -h pid ... # display hosting paths

iPhone, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Aug 9, 2008 10:22 AM

8 replies

Oct 28, 2008 8:05 AM in response to Michael Kaye

Michael Kaye wrote:
You need to create and add an Entitlements.plist file to the top level of your project. It should have one property defined:

get-task-allow

which is a boolean and should be unchecked.

All this is explained in the Dev Centre provisioning documents.

M.

where? Having struggled for hours with this and found the answer in another thread, I looked for get-task-allow and found this one. Where in the provisioning documents is it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.