Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 1450 when i'm using iTunes 5

I kept receiving same error message.
The Itunes Music library file cannot be saved. An unknown error ocurred(-1450). How to fix it?

Posted on Sep 12, 2005 6:55 AM

6 replies

Sep 23, 2005 9:49 PM in response to Daniel Leom

I have had this problem for quite awhile now. I am almost certain it is caused by a failure of the scripting to work (Symantec, McAfee, etc blocking it), but I have yet to see ANYTHING from Apple to help people resolve it. I have done everything I have seen in this discussion, but nothing works.

Since my iTunes no longer works, it appears I am going to sell-off my iPods and buy something that I can use.

It is going to blow re-ripping 800 CD's which are currently in AAC format, but it appears Apple isn't giving me much choice.

They have proven they have NO ROOM to criticize Microsoft's business practices.

5 iPods I have bought, and I cannot load my new muscic to any of them.

Goodbye Apple.

Sep 29, 2005 11:13 PM in response to Marc Boesing

I have the same problem. I spent the evening with a bunch of tools and traced it down to a conflict with McAfee Antivirus. Basically, iTunes tries to write large chunks to a temp file (called ....\My Music\iTunes\Temp File) and the antivirus can't handle it, so it fails with a 1450 error. (This will only happen if you have a large database.) Since Windows never issues a 1450 error on file writes, the good folks at Apple never thought to handle it. It's easy to reproduce the problem with reads in iTunes as well - just try to import thousands of mp3s into iTunes at once and every so often one of them will fail with a 1450 error (which iTunes does not show, but a monitoring tool such as filemon will flag.) Apple - if you're monitoring this - put some logic into your writes so if they fail with a 1450 error, you write in smaller chunks.

For the rest of us, uninstall the antivirus, save your database, and reinstall it.

error 1450 when i'm using iTunes 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.