Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail contacts POP server, accepts login, does not download incoming mail.

A few months ago my ISP made changes to their business accounts, changing our email addresses, their pop servers and smtp servers from qwest.net to qwestoffice.net, while this seemed like a pretty simple change to make in the mail settings, the two email accounts that I switched over will not download email from the server.

My settings match their setup instructions exactly, and I've tried various other settings just to test it out. I can send email from the accounts just fine, but never receive. If I right click on the account inbox and select "Get Info" I can actually view all the email that is sitting on the server for that account, yet none of it downloads to my inbox. Pretty strange. Any ideas?

G4 iMac, G4 Powerbook 1.25 GHZ, DP G4 Desktop, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 11, 2008 10:22 AM

4 replies

Aug 11, 2008 12:51 PM in response to Johnny Gink

Have you tried changing the Incoming port to 995, with SSL enabled to see if that makes any difference? Also, have you tried calling Qwest tech support to ask them why their own settings don't let you retrieve any mail via the Mail program? I know it's easy for them to blame Apple, but it's not an issue with Mail; it's something in their systems and/or the settings they have people entering that is the problem.

Mulder

Aug 11, 2008 9:31 PM in response to Mulder

I have tried that setting. It gives me the "unable to verify ssl" error, since the server doesn't support SSL. I've talked to qwest support and they haven't been especially helpful. It seemed like it would most likely be an issue on their end, but I thought I'd try here since they haven't had any useful suggestions so far. Thanks for your help Mulder, I'll just keep at 'em.

Mail contacts POP server, accepts login, does not download incoming mail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.