Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac to HP Avocent KVM Issues

I am having an issue with switching between my Mac and HP on my Cinema Display with a DVI KVM Switch. The only way to get the HP to appear on my cinema display is to connect it directly into the HP and then plug it into the KVM. If, however, I need to reset my HP then it will only display the DOS screen and when it goes to boot into XP I get black screen. The only way to get it back up and running is to plug the cinema display into HP and then back into the KVM. I am using a Avocent KVM and HP with DVI. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent having to replug everything?

G5 Tower, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Aug 12, 2008 12:31 PM

6 replies

Aug 15, 2008 6:28 PM in response to BDubs33

Do you think WinACD could solve the problem?

Not sure. Might be worth a try, but....

Since the display works direct to the PC in XP, and the Mac works fine direct or through the KVM, this is an issue between XP and Avocent.

I would look for some drivers for the Avocent for XP.
Is Avocent support of any help?

Aug 19, 2008 12:03 PM in response to japamac

Gave WinACD a try and still having the same issues. Even Updated the firmware on the Avocent.

I am going to look for a driver, but the Acovent support is lacking.

Starting to think that the switch itself is just not going to work with my set up. Who would have thought that is would be this difficult to set up a mac and pc on a cinema display?

Mac to HP Avocent KVM Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.