Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cat knocked Macbook off table.

So my opened Macbook was on a table that lies about a foot and a half off of the ground. My recently deceased cat (joking) decided it was a platform to jump to. My Macbook hit the floor with the top of my Macbook near the iSight camera first, causing the bottom middle part of my screen to pop out. Everything else about my Macbook is working completely ship-shape (luckily it landed on a carpet), but I think the impact stressed the screen to the point where it's bent outward. As such, there is debris I can see behind the LCD screen which I can mouse over but can't remove since it's behind, as well as a yellowy-discoloration on the screen where it's bent. I purchased the AppleCare Extended Warranty, and I'm wondering what I should do about this screen problem I have. Any ideas as to what I should do to fix this?

Message was edited by: Shadow Ferret

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Aug 12, 2008 9:21 PM

3 replies

Aug 12, 2008 9:45 PM in response to Kappy

Oh, you're right, it's complete negligence to own a cat and place a laptop on a table. Certainly I was at fault, my mistake. Oh! You're right, it says right here in the booklet, "If you own a cat, do not place Macbook on table." If only I had known!

Posing a question to someone who can actually be helpful, will I have to replace the whole screen? It's not physically damaged, only relocated. Also, how much would said procedure cost?

Cat knocked Macbook off table.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.