Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nano resetting itself after a minute or so into the workout.

For some reason my iPod started resetting itself right after I start my workouts. I keep restarting the workout. It tracks the info for about a minute and half then completely shuts off, shows the big black screen apple, then restarts. The battery was fully charged so that's not the issue. It did this 6 or 7 times. Now today, it doesn't reset but the Last Workout, Recent Workouts and Personal Best are now blank. Is the receiver piece that's plugged into my iPod dying? The iPod seems to be ok. I'd hate to have future runs not recorded because this issues surfaces again. Anyone else had this issue?

Dell, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Aug 13, 2008 12:12 PM

1 reply

Aug 20, 2008 5:37 PM in response to CrofootN

Most likely, it's a corrupted xml file. This has happened to me several times over the past couple of years. If you have Tinkertool (or another utility that shows invisible files), you can access your iPod's Trainer folder (which holds the workout xml files, delete them, and it should fix the problem.

Hope this helps!

Nano resetting itself after a minute or so into the workout.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.