Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message Preview Text but No Body Content

I see a message in my inbox which has a few preview lines but once I open it there is no content to display for the body of the message. The preview has the text but the full message has nothing.

Any ideas,
Mark

iphone 3G, 2.0.1, Exchange server

Dell m6300

Posted on Aug 14, 2008 6:27 AM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2008 9:07 AM in response to Pfeifler

Not sure if this will help. I noticed that my iPhone email might have content today and it will be gone tomorrow. If you are using a POP3 server, check the settings on your desktop on how long the messages are retained. Of course, you can't make that period too long or your POP3 server will fill up. Anyway, the POP3 server will delete it from the server and iPhone will not be able to access it anymore.

If I have a message I want to "save", I forward it to my Yahoo IMAP account where it will stay until you delete that specific file.

I like to keep a copy of the books (Excel attachment) I've read on the iPhone. So, I send it to my Yahoo account. Voila, it stays there.

Oct 8, 2008 9:20 AM in response to Pfeifler

The mail app on the iPhone only downloads header information when checking email, and will only download the body of the email when you open it. If, as the other poster has mentioned, you remove the email from the server after the header was downloaded, there will be no content for the phone to retrieve.

Imap is the way to go to retain your messages across all platforms (phone, computer, web). Either yahoo or gmail are very good options.

Message Preview Text but No Body Content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.