5692 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2008 4:04 AM by Bloblo63
this is my last terminal test:
sudo mdutil -s /
/: Status: Indexing Disabled
sudo mdutil -E /
/: Could not reset volume index, error 0
sudo mdutil -i'on' /
/: Could not set indexing status for volume.
sudo mdutil -p /
/: Index published ?????????where ??? i see nothing !
I have the same problem with one of my external HD - the spotlight is disabled and i can not set it to active !
But on a 'clone' disk makes with SuperDumper Spotlight runs correctly. I think about erase all my mac and then copy back my 'close' disk...
OK solved for me but it's not the issue that i like :
1. On a external FW HD - format this drive then use SuperDuper ! (or maybe Carbon Copy Cloner) to copy your mac HD.
2. Reboot with the external HD as main disk.
3. Control with 'monitor' than Spotlight runs fine on this disk :
sudo mdutil -E -i on /
/: Volume index removed. Index will be rebuilt
/: Status: Indexing Enabled
4. Erase your Mac HD, then copy back all your file with SuperDuper! or CCC from the FW HD to the Mac HD
5. Reboot with your Mac HD as first disk. Check all your permissions. Check with terminal the spotlight status and rebuilt your spotlight index.
Copy + Copy back + rebuilt spotlight index = take some time --- just for a bug !