Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mix between MS Outlook Calendar and Mac Contacts - how I got to work

I've tried to mix my work PC computer with Microsoft Outlook Calendar with my Mac based iPhone. This is how I did it. Can this be done by mobileme?
For Now it this works with Outlook over USB.

My Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 windows XP within firewall is now synchronized to my Phone
It now works great .. even if not wireless [can live with that..at least for now] and even if attachment does not sync no pdf, word, excel or pictures in the notes is synchronized.

Amazingly simple, I'm sure I tried this before ..but maybe the 2.01 changed something or iTunes 7.7.1 ..

My set up
I have my master mac synced to the iPhone itself i.e. iPod/music and pictures
I have my contacts and mail synced as MobileMe.
I Turned off the iCal MobileMe

I connected the office laptop with usb connector to iPhone. ..it asks for where/how to sync photos. [To turn this off: On PC go to Control panel- Scanners & Hardware - Cameras. Select "Apple iPhone" ] and opens ITunes.
ITunes ask what to do since my iPhone is linked with another computer.. I click merge, make sure nothing on the iTunes is selected ..more than calendar and outlook.
Appears to sync fawlessy and update both to and from iPhone… subject and location and notes sync but no attachment. Notes have a characther limit. with a meeting request, I do not seam to be able to access participants. With alarm set this pops up even with screen/iPhone locked similar to how a SMS is displayed
It appears that most of the time I need to reconnect because ITunes reports "ITunes cannot sync information because sync has been disabled…Do you want to enable syncing" Clicking OK appears to fix it i.e. at least fix it temporarily
Syncing with MS Outlook works with it running but also when not running.
The first sync took some time, possibly because it also backs up the iPhone [some 10gb data]. Repeated sync takes a minute or less

..and in atypical PC fashion you need to restart iTunes and disconnect iPhone from time to time.

Great!

G4 iPhone v version 2 [3G], Mac OS X (10.4.11), PC MS outlook 2003

Posted on Aug 15, 2008 12:16 PM

There are no replies.

Mix between MS Outlook Calendar and Mac Contacts - how I got to work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.