Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple sample app now available in app store

The Metronome sample app just came up on the App Store as a free app. Funny.

15" MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.4), iPod touch 16GB, iPhone 16GB

Posted on Aug 15, 2008 9:00 PM

2 replies

Aug 16, 2008 7:08 AM in response to iPhil_good

Apple is fully credited and it is free, and he was careful to assure that it doesn't break the NDA or SDK agreement, so it seems fine. A nice app, actually, if not as useful as some of the fancier metronomes.

In a sense I am all for free apps raising the bar high enough to avoid some of the flood of trivial apps that people are trying to sell. I mean, one guy compiled the empty view project and tried to sell it as a flashlight app!

I am personally working on a timer which adds a couple of features to Apple's and plan to release it for free, with source code. I am using it to learn, and to help promote my site. Sadly, someone has just released a similar app which costs 0,79. I hope he isn't too disappointed when I release mine, although they are a bit different, with his being fancier and mine being more standard-looking and functioning.

Apple sample app now available in app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.