2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2008 7:08 AM by Carsten Whimster
RickMaddy Level 4 Level 4 (1,320 points)
The Metronome sample app just came up on the App Store as a free app. Funny.

15" MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.4), iPod touch 16GB, iPhone 16GB
  • iPhil_good Level 1 Level 1 (125 points)
    Great for those who don't want to download the SDK and compile it themselves !

What about the credits ? <lol>
  • Carsten Whimster Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)
    Apple is fully credited and it is free, and he was careful to assure that it doesn't break the NDA or SDK agreement, so it seems fine. A nice app, actually, if not as useful as some of the fancier metronomes.

In a sense I am all for free apps raising the bar high enough to avoid some of the flood of trivial apps that people are trying to sell. I mean, one guy compiled the empty view project and tried to sell it as a flashlight app!

I am personally working on a timer which adds a couple of features to Apple's and plan to release it for free, with source code. I am using it to learn, and to help promote my site. Sadly, someone has just released a similar app which costs 0,79. I hope he isn't too disappointed when I release mine, although they are a bit different, with his being fancier and mine being more standard-looking and functioning.