Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SyncML Calendar

Our company uses a non-Exchange workgroup server (MDaemon). Always have been very happy with it. With SyncML (www.synthesis.ch), we could sync our email/tasks/calendar data wireless to our (Windows Mobile) phones. Since we're the happy owners of some iPhones, this doesn't work anymore, except for contacts. Problem seems to be that Apple doesn't allow developers to access the calandar framework.

Does anyone have any news or solutions on this? Will Apple open up the calendar framework eventually, or should we look for a new solution (drop MDaemon, or drop the iPhones)

Any info is appreciated.

imac, iphone, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Aug 16, 2008 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2008 3:21 AM

I have the same problem. My University uses Novell Groupwise which we access via the Nokia Intellisync mobile synchronisation platform. I also want to sync calendar events.

Apple, if you take your bussiness clients serious please open up synclml access to calendar and tasks in the near future. Thanks in advance.

Regards, Jan
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2008 3:21 AM in response to johnk2008

I have the same problem. My University uses Novell Groupwise which we access via the Nokia Intellisync mobile synchronisation platform. I also want to sync calendar events.

Apple, if you take your bussiness clients serious please open up synclml access to calendar and tasks in the near future. Thanks in advance.

Regards, Jan

Aug 17, 2008 3:38 AM in response to johnk2008

I have found a temporary solution which I'm still figuring out if it works well enough.

I've downloaded the OS X SyncML tool 'SyncJe for Mac' from the following website:
http://nexthaus.com/products_a.html
I've set it up to sync calendar events from my Groupwise server to my Work calendar in iCal.
That calendar I sync with MobileMe.
MobileMe is synched to my iPhone.
In that way I have a two way-sync via my laptop. It's not really elegant, but might help you in the mean time.

SyncML Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.