Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message states that I do not have enough hard disk room

I was loading some pictures onto my macbook and the photos did not load properly. I have around 4,200 current photos. There is 29 GB left on my hard drive. I can not see the last "event" of photos. Looking through preview I see some on my last photos and some are there but do not show up in iphoto. Now I am getting an error message that states I do not have enough disk space therefore the library is not saving. I am now locked out of downloading files from safari, or even itunes.

I am lost as to what to do next. please send me in the right direction. thank you!

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Aug 16, 2008 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2008 6:45 PM

tommyok wrote:
I was loading some pictures onto my macbook and the photos did not load properly. I have around 4,200 current photos. There is 29 GB left on my hard drive. I can not see the last "event" of photos. Looking through preview I see some on my last photos and some are there but do not show up in iphoto. Now I am getting an error message that states I do not have enough disk space therefore the library is not saving. I am now locked out of downloading files from safari, or even itunes.

I am lost as to what to do next. please send me in the right direction. thank you!

Welcome to the Apple forums:
Are you referring to the TimeMachine harddrive?

If you are referring to your internal drive, you may get more information in the Leopard Install and Setup forum:
http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1219

In general you need to have at the very minimum, 10% or your HD free. Your drive may be completely full, depending on how large it is, which you don't say. The amount of freespace on an HD varies as the system swaps files on and off of it.
Be sure you have everything backed up, just in case.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2008 6:45 PM in response to tommyok

tommyok wrote:

Welcome to the Apple forums:
Are you referring to the TimeMachine harddrive?

If you are referring to your internal drive, you may get more information in the Leopard Install and Setup forum:
http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1219

In general you need to have at the very minimum, 10% or your HD free. Your drive may be completely full, depending on how large it is, which you don't say. The amount of freespace on an HD varies as the system swaps files on and off of it.
Be sure you have everything backed up, just in case.

Aug 17, 2008 4:40 AM in response to tommyok

Thank you for a response.

the macbook has a total of 120 GB (111GB really!). Before the last import I had 30 GB "free" on my internal harddrive.

I have been reading on the forums that I should put in my leopard boot disk. Question I have is will this delete all current info?

I did a full time machine backup one week before this happened but am nervous and want see what scenario would work the best.

error message states that I do not have enough hard disk room

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.