Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crack in Apple logo after powering up

Ok - after being on hold for almost 3 hours, and only having my iPhone for 48 hours, I finally got a human being who knew what they were talking about.

Have you had this experience? After powering up - the Apple logo on the first screen has a crack going from 7 o'clock to 1 o'clock where it fades. I thought my precious toy was broken, but finally found out this logo with the crack is specific to the iPhone. Has anyone else noticed this, and why isn't it noted somewhere in the manual or something????? Frustration to the max!

iPhone

Posted on Aug 17, 2008 6:15 PM

12 replies

Aug 17, 2008 11:14 PM in response to Grammie2maddie

Wow, another example of non-existant QC.

I'd suggest taking it into a Genius Bar and showing them - typically the Apple Logo on the back of the phone will scratch very easily, but a CRACK - that sounds serious. As another posted suggested, you might want to repeatedly power on/off and vigorously rub the cracked logo as the friction can sometimes cause the pixels to invert. But then you run the risk of spreading the crack, too. So, yeah - take it in and get a replacement. Make sure to show the staff the crack, and anyone else in the store (if possible) so that they know what to look for, too 😉

Sep 2, 2008 7:30 PM in response to Grammie2maddie

hey guys sorry for this but its a bit off topic, i just bought a macbook pro off of ebay and the user hasn't responded to any of my emails, i want to take all of his crap off of the computer but there is way too much of it to sit through and do that, how can i obtain the software disks to reinstall the os, do i go into the apple store and provide my serial # and say i want a restore CD or what

Crack in Apple logo after powering up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.