Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

original iPhone 16 GB has slowed down appreciably since 2.0.1 installation?

I bought my iPhone in late April of this year. Since recently installing 2.0.1, it has slowed down in nearly every aspect of operation. It can't be due to wear and tear, as the thing isn't even 4 months old.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any solution? Thanks.

16GB iPhone

Posted on Aug 18, 2008 8:01 AM

4 replies

Aug 18, 2008 9:34 AM in response to ChicagoChristopher

Sigh. I have the same problem with an original 4G phone. My mail also gets stuck in "Connecting" mode until I turn it off and back on. I recently got a new 4G because the power button got stuck and Apple replaced. So even with a brand new 4G phone, it's very slow. I've contacted Apple and they've ignored me.

We also had a terrible experience adding two new iPhones to the account. The people at the Apple store didn't know what they were doing and screwed up my account big time. My first bill was $900 for 3 iPhones because they were charging for internet use... per KB AND the $30 per month. It took 3 weeks and several phone calls to get my bill straight.

Aug 21, 2008 7:21 AM in response to ChicagoChristopher

When an update comes out, it's best to sync to iTunes, and Restore from scratch back to a virgin phone and sync as a new phone. You do lose some settings and Notes, but at least the phone will work smoothly (in our experience). And if you find something very important is lost, there are sites which show you where iTunes backs up your phone and you could move this directory somewhere else, in case you need to read an old SMS text or something.

original iPhone 16 GB has slowed down appreciably since 2.0.1 installation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.