Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.4 Tiger Download

I have an iBook G4 running OS 10.3.9 and would like to download Tiger 10.4. Is there a downloadable version of this operating system out there? If so, where? Or, can I upgrade my OS from 10.3.9 directly to 10.5? Thanks.

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Aug 18, 2008 10:45 AM

5 replies

Aug 18, 2008 11:22 AM in response to mgreen57

You cannot download 10.4, you must purchase it. Check eBay or FastMac.com for available copies as Apple no longer has copies available for sale.

You can upgrade to Leopard directly but you also have to purchase Leopard. Your computer must also meet the minimum requirements:

System requirements

You must have a Macintosh computer with:
an Intel processor or a PowerPC G4 (867 MHz or faster) or G5 processor
a DVD drive
built-in FireWire
at least 512 MB of RAM (additional RAM is recommended for development purposes)
a built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer
at least 9 GB of disk space available, or 12 GB of disk space if you install the developer tools

Aug 18, 2008 11:33 AM in response to mgreen57

mgreen, welcome to Apple Discussions.

Tiger install DVDs are in short supply. Tiger is no longer available at the Apple Store but is still available for $129 by calling Apple Phone Sales @ 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753). For other sources, do a Google search for MA453Z/A and M9639Z/A . Also look on eBay. Be sure & buy a retail version (black with silver X) and not a model specific version (gray).

Also check this web store http://www.lacomputercompany.com/cgi-bin/rpcart/index.cgi?command=dispitem&type= sku&sku=19521

Possible alternative - OS X Tiger 10.4 Upgrade DVD $74.95
http://www.yourmacstore.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=376&bc=no

 Cheers, Tom 😉

User uploaded file

10.4 Tiger Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.