Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alright! I need some help here...

Right, as the title states, I am having some trouble with my Nano. I have owned the device for well over a year now. Just recently it has started acting up, and I have been going through loads of trouble.

Problem(s): About 3-4 weeks ago I removed my Ipod Photo Cache folder out of sheer lack of knowledge (stupidity). Upon doing so, I realized that I could not upload photos onto my Nano. I was bothered by this, but I thought that through simply reconnecting my Ipod into the computer it would recreate the folder... It did not. After that I re-installed Itunes to see if that would work. Again, It did not...

I gave up on the thought of recovering the files, so I went on my way for two or so weeks. I tried the above methods another time to no avail. I decided to click on the button that enables the Ipod for disk use. I then tried to apply the update to my Ipod, but the entirety of Itunes stopped working. It "froze." Looking at my Ipod, there was no reaction to the command that I just gave Itunes. The menu screen was still navigable on the Nano and It worked just fine. Eventually Itunes "thawed" and a message appeared telling me that there was no device to be found. This happened repeatedly. I then decided to restore my Ipod to its factory settings to see if I could reset the connection between computer and device. It created a playlist for me, which I deleted as it did not sync the playlist I specified. Sadly, That removed all of the music that was on the device. I am now stuck at a point where I cannot do much at all except feel sorry for myself without the Ipod at my side. Any help?

Windows XP

Posted on Aug 18, 2008 11:11 PM

1 reply

Alright! I need some help here...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.