Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't group songs with albums

I have an album in iTunes, and I made sure that EVERY detail in the info screen shows the same information except for the track name, including making sure that it was not part of a compilation, and the track numbers are right and everything.

It seems though, that they will not group together. I'll get one song by itself, then a group of 3 or so, then the rest of the album, all separated in iTunes even though they have the same information.

Can anyone help with this puzzling problem?

PC, Windows XP Pro, iTunes 7.7.1

Posted on Aug 18, 2008 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2008 10:49 PM

Sometimes you have to click the Compilation box. It gets fixed. And then you can uncheck the compilation box and it's still fixed!
3 replies

Aug 19, 2008 2:58 AM in response to Katrina S.

Sometimes iTunes may split an album into one or more partial albums. This split may happen if some tracks from the album have different values for Artist, Album Artist (ignored on iPod), Album, No. of Discs. or Part of a Compilation. Tiny differences such as trailing spaces, accented characters, or variants of symbols can be quite hard to spot. Normally overtyping the desired value for each shared field will complete the grouping of the album into one entity. Occasionally, however, this method seems to fail. In this instance I've found that you can force every field to update properly by adding some extra text - e.g. a trailing X, which once applied seems to complete the joining of the tracks into one album. Once this has happened the extra data can be removed and the album should remain properly grouped.

tt2

iTunes won't group songs with albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.