Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari will not work

My Safari has not worked for some time. It just bounces twice when I try to open it.
I have read that some have reinstalled safari. If I do this, should I use the leopard or the CD dics that came with my MBP?

Thanks
Kaiser
Ps. I tried to go into the Catche and remove all of the Safari's history like someone suggested. It worked for them but not for me. Bummer!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Aug 19, 2008 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2008 7:48 AM

If you need to reinstall Safari, you must do it from the 10.5 installation disc. It cannot be done with a download, so don't bother trying.

1. Insert the installation disc.
2. Navigate to the Optional Installs folder and open the Optional Installs.mpkg file within.
3. Check the box for installing Safari and run the installer.
4. When finished, quit the installer, eject the disk and use Software Update to bring your system current to 10.5.4.

Mulder
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2008 7:48 AM in response to Kaiser.roll

If you need to reinstall Safari, you must do it from the 10.5 installation disc. It cannot be done with a download, so don't bother trying.

1. Insert the installation disc.
2. Navigate to the Optional Installs folder and open the Optional Installs.mpkg file within.
3. Check the box for installing Safari and run the installer.
4. When finished, quit the installer, eject the disk and use Software Update to bring your system current to 10.5.4.

Mulder

Safari will not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.