Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resize safari window question

Every time i open safari i have to drag the window over to the left so i can see the scroll bar and then i have to resize the window to fit the screen. How can i fix it so the window is always centered and fills the screen whenever i open safari?

iMac 17" Flat Panel, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 / 1 GB

Posted on Aug 19, 2008 4:02 PM

3 replies

Aug 19, 2008 6:39 PM in response to daga

Have you considered using a Bookmarklet to size your screen, and browsing at that size, closing any open tabs or windows and then quitting Safari? That should cause Safari to open at the same size and position each time, unless you move it or change it. Try this one:

Resize to Full Screen

Drag it to your Bookmark Bar in Safari and click it once to resize to the full width and height of your screen.

Mulder

Aug 20, 2008 6:10 AM in response to Robert Jensen

You're misunderstanding this. The "Resize to Full Screen" text is a Bookmarklet; you click and drag it to your Bookmark Bar in Safari, then click on it from there to resize your screen. But apparently those don't work in the forums, so here's the raw code:

javascript:self.moveTo(0,0);self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);

Create a new Bookmark (copy one if you need to just to get the necessary fields in Safari without creating a folder), copy/paste that code for the Location or URL field, then place it on your Bookmark Bar.

Mulder

Resize safari window question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.