3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2008 8:17 PM by AJPUM
Bob Krugmire Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
I just purchased a new 3G iPhone, and completed a full sync from my PowerBook G4. Prior to the purchase I had previously backed up my old Gen 1 iPhone...or at least I thought I had. When I went to look at my Notes on the new iPhone, there were not there. And then, to my extreme horror, I found that they were also no longer on my old iPhone, even though I did not do any restore on the old iPhone. Everything is still on my old iPhone...right up until the switch-over, contacts, recent calls, etc. But my Notes (which included some seriously important data that I use everyday) is gone...from both phones!! Nor, can I find any spot on the PowerBook where the Notes might be hidden. Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated...why would my Notes disappear from both phones?

iPhone 3G, PowerBook G4
  • Bob Krugmire Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
    After over two hours with the folks at Apple Technical Support, we were able to dig out the earliest backup of my old iPhone. After a quick restore of this backup from the old iPhone to the new iPhone, my notes reappeared! I immediately e-mailed my notes to myself and will keep a hard copy of these, having learned a harsh lesson about the ephemeral nature of new technology. So the bottom line is that yes, backup should include your notes, but there are times when backups can apparently become corrupt thus losing some or all of your data.
  • Hshemes Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Where did you find the back up?? Specifically which folder...
  • AJPUM Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Hi Bob,
    How were you able to e-mail the notes? I too lost all my notes when I upgraded my iPhone to the new version. I'm now installing the 2.02 update. Hopefully, I won't have to re-sync my blue tooth device.