Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store reporting error - 3259

I have a Mac Pro with up to date software and have a DSL line. I keep getting aborted downloads. iTunes and Safari both get "timed out" errors every time I try to download. Sometimes while downloading with Safari I can stop and resume the download successfully. At other times the resulting file has errors in it and I have to start over. iTunes does not resume a download.

I have restarted downloading iPhone update 2.02 now at least 15 times, over the past day and a half. I just got another download error and will restart it as soon as I finish this rant.

I get maybe 70 megabytes and suddenly the download stops. Nothing seems to help. When I restart the download, it resets to zero bytes. I wonder what this sort of repeated tries does to Apple bandwidth?

I started using Speed Download, a non-Apple software program that does not have the same trouble. My downloads start and finish effortless on the first try every time.

If I could get the URL for iTunes downloads then I would use Speed Download and be able to avoid iTunes and Safari and be much happier.

There are complaints about these errors everywhere I look and no solutions.

Please pay attention, Apple!! User uploaded file

Mac Pro 2.66/6 gig, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Aug 19, 2008 6:03 PM

3 replies

Aug 19, 2008 7:36 PM in response to William Beecham

Do you have other devices connected to your network, that are perhaps chewing up your own bandwidth? I ran into something similar awhile back, and it turned out to be an xbox connected to the internet at the same time the downloads were processing. Perhaps you could disconnect your iPhone from the network and retry the software download? I'd suggest doing the same for any other Wi Fi devices you have connected to your network.

CG

Aug 20, 2008 11:09 AM in response to William Beecham

I got up today at 6 AM and restarted the download of iPhone 2.0.2 update. It downloaded OK and I installed it. When the server is not busy, Safari & iTunes can download OK. A busy network leads to timed out errors.

This has been my pattern unless I use Speed Download.

About other devices on my network. I have a Directv DVR connected via ethernet and another computer connected via wifi. Somehow, Speed Download handles these other devices just fine.

I think the problem is Apple software.

I am going to mark this thread answered. I appreciate the time and interest of everyone who got this far in my posts. Thanks.

iTunes Store reporting error - 3259

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.