Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to tell if new phone is refurbished?

Ok so my Apple store ordered me a replacement phone yesterday... when I get it, how do I tell if its refurbished or not? Cause if it is refurbished, I'm gonna ask them to order me ANOTHER one that is actually new..

Posted on Aug 20, 2008 11:53 AM

9 replies

Aug 20, 2008 12:01 PM in response to TK90

There really is no way to tell if its a refurb or not.

If it is refurbished, you don't have the ability to ask for a new replacement. Apple's iPhone warranty allows them to repair/replace defective products with either new or refurbished products at their sole decression.

It doesn't really matter. Refurbs are tested to ensure that they have 100% of the functionality as a new phone, as well as no cosmetic flaws.

Message was edited by: Ansuz82 - spelling

Aug 20, 2008 12:05 PM in response to joeuu

I don't think this is true, I got a New iPhone in an Apple store that was in a Brown box I asked the Genius if it was a refurb, he checked the serial number and told me No, it was a New one. He told me that the stores get issued with replacements that could be new or refurb, it just depends. Oh mine was a 1st gen iPhone and this was within the last 2 weeks.

how to tell if new phone is refurbished?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.