Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

choppy video

okay here is a question...I have a powerbook, g4, 1.5 GHz, 1.25 GB of RAM. I am running Leopard. I use a Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750 GB for all my video editing. Some imports that I have been doing lately are all choppy. I took an old file that I knew worked...it's playback was choppy. I saved the file on a different external HD...same thing. I saved it on my local HD (80GB with 25 GB of free space), same thing. What do you think is up?

Powerbook G4 PowerPC 1.5 12", Mac OS X (10.5.4), iPhone, Apple TV

Posted on Aug 20, 2008 6:46 PM

3 replies

Aug 21, 2008 7:17 PM in response to John Pentleton

Well I am taking my mac into the apple store tomorrow. Maybe they can give me an older version and see what happens. What is frustrating is that Quicktime is a program that is conflicting with iMovie and Final Cut (also apple programs), I could understand if it was having problems with Adobe Premiere or something, but it is bad when their own codecs have trouble within their software.

choppy video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.