Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4 slides per page?

We're trying to print our Keynote presentations so that 4 slides appear on each printed page. However, we want the 4 slides to be one per quarter page (i.e., 2 across the top, 2 across the bottom). Right now, when we select "4 slides per page" they all appear tiny, down the left side of the page, vs. taking up a large quarter of the entire page.

Can Keynote do this?

2.66Ghz Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4), 7 gigs of Ram, Keynote v4.0.3

Posted on Aug 21, 2008 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2008 11:08 AM

Ah! Figured it out:

Go to Print the Keynote file. Choose "Individual Slides." Save as a PDF.

Then, open that PDF, go to Print, select Layout in the drop-down orientation menu, choose "4" in the Pages per Sheet. Save as PDF.

It's kind of making a PDF out of the PDF, but it works perfectly!
8 replies

Aug 22, 2008 7:11 PM in response to braintoniq

You should be able to save the 4-up layout setting as a preset in the Print dialog. Go to Print, select Layout in the drop-down menu, and choose 4 as you describe. Next, in the Presets drop-down menu, select "Save As" and select a name. You can then select that preset immediately when you want to create 4-up PDFs and do the creation in one step (rather than the PDF-to-PDF two-step version).

I have "Keynote 2-up" and "Keynote 4-up" presets defined for creating handouts from my lecture notes; they work nicely, and it's much easier than trying to remember to reset all the different options each time.

Aug 26, 2008 12:02 PM in response to Denis Williamson

Hi Denis --

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. It looks like it should, but it still prints tiny little slides in that Layout selection. This is a real annoying problem. I can't IMAGINE who came up with a print output option with tiny little slides running down the left side of a page. Who would use this setting?!?! It's worthless.

Braintoniq -- I also tried your workaround and couldn't get that to work either. Am I doing something wrong?

I am beginning to regret leaving PowerPoint...

4 slides per page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.