Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Changing "Mail Downloads" folder for attachments

626 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 21, 2008 8:09 PM by David Yeh RSS
David Yeh Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 21, 2008 7:59 PM
It seems in Leopard Mail, when you double click an attachment to open it, it is temporarily saved to ~/Library/Mail Downloads. This is in contrast to (I think) Tiger, where it would be saved to the Downloads folder set in the General preferences. There is still a setting for the Downloads folder in the General preferences, and according to the help window, it is to "Specify the folder in which to temporarily save attachments you open from a message". To me, that means the same as the Tiger behavior. However, if I change this preference to, say, "Desktop", it seems opening an attachment (not explicitly saving it) still saves it to the ~/Library/Mail Downloads folder, not the assigned folder. Is this the correct behavior? If so, the help window is misleading. Personally, I would like the option to change this folder, although I suppose there are workarounds such as changing the Mail Downloads folder to an alias of the desired destination folder.

thanks.
Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.