Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer limewire songs to ipod???HELP??

Does anyone know how to transfer songs from limewire to the ipod? Also I was trying to transfer videos from my digital camera to my new ipod, but cannot get them to transfer. Do I need to buy a conversion program or something to get the videos to the right format? Any help would be great.

Posted on Oct 27, 2005 2:57 PM

15 replies

Oct 27, 2005 4:18 PM in response to Evalani

Hi Evalani,

Re transferring video from your digital camera. This is why I am buying a 60 G iPod tomorrow. In the Apple store, I had no problem transferring a video from my Sony DSC-H1 digital camera to an iPod, using the camera connector. Do you have one of those? My video is in MPEG1 and although the iPod will accept it for storage purposes, you cannot view it on the iPod. Are you sure the video files are not on the iPod, since it will tell you that the format is unsuitable, but the video is actually downloaded. At least that's what the iPod screen was showing me. Then we transferred the file to an iMac in the store and there was my mini movie, ready for editing, etc.

Forest

Oct 27, 2005 5:53 PM in response to Evalani

OK, we are talking about two different things here. I want to use my iPod to store segments of movies from my digital camera, for later editing on my iMac. That can be done with the iPod, but you can't view those movie clips on the iPod. I'm OK with that.

By the sound of it, you want to put your digital camera movies on your iPod from your computer, for viewing purposes - whole different thing. If you still have the manual from your camera, it should tell you what the video format is. Then you need to get a programme to convert the file to suit the iPod. There are lots of posts here dealing with converting video files to the iPod format.

Oct 27, 2005 6:01 PM in response to maschaman03

Limewire itself isnt illegal. It depends on what you are downloading/uploading when it borders on being illegal. The OP could be downloading say a local band in his hometown thats unsigned, or live versions of his favorite artists songs that arent for sale. For that purpose, file sharing programs are great.

How to transfer limewire songs to ipod???HELP??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.