Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Type In My Passcode!!!

I turn my iPhone back on and I slide to unlock it, it doesnt register my passcode as I type it in. Also if i change the ringer switch to off, the symbol with a bell stays there perminately. I can not turn my phone fully off either. Just make it rest.

This is 16gb White iPhone 3G I got less than a week ago...

Im connected to iTunes, it syncs my iPhone, and I can even view the text preview Irecieved from somebody.

Dell Inspiron E1505, Windows XP

Posted on Aug 24, 2008 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2008 5:29 PM

Sounds like you may need to restore the iPhone.

Once restored if you still find that the touch screen is not responding and the bell keeps freezing. I would take this into an Apple retail store with appointment and have it checked out. Or contact iPhone support for further assistance.
4 replies

Can't Type In My Passcode!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.