Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drop Box is broken (permissions issue?)

I have an issue with my Drop Box. I will attach a scrshot to show the permissions. But the Public folder is shared and my friend can drop stuff there. But the Drop Box he can't drop anything into. In my screenshot, notice the Untitled Folder. That's how my Drop Box was permissioned. I changed the Everybody to Write Only but that didn't work. And I cannot delete that Unknown.

So I did the apply to enclosed items from Public and it did get rid of that Unknown. But my friend was still unable to put things in the drop box even though it was set to Write Only.

(I've noticed I have that Unknown on a couple other places too ... I did migrate from a Mac Mini originally running Panther when I got this Macbook.)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n71/the12thdoctor/Picture1.png

Macbook (2.4 Ghz), Mac OS X (10.5.4), 13in, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, 8x DL-Superdrive

Posted on Aug 26, 2008 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2008 10:58 AM

run the following two terminal commands. Copy and paste (do not retype) them into a terminal window one by one.

chmod 733 ~/Drop\ Box

\\
chmod +a "`id -un` allow list,add file,search,delete,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr, writeextattr,readsecurity,writesecurity,chown,file_inherit,directoryinherit" ~/Public/Drop\ Box
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2008 10:58 AM in response to Theo Lotz

run the following two terminal commands. Copy and paste (do not retype) them into a terminal window one by one.

chmod 733 ~/Drop\ Box

\\
chmod +a "`id -un` allow list,add file,search,delete,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr, writeextattr,readsecurity,writesecurity,chown,file_inherit,directoryinherit" ~/Public/Drop\ Box

Drop Box is broken (permissions issue?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.