Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VIDEO_TS folder found in Build Location

so I cannot burn my DVD

What the heck does this mean? I search for every VIDEO_TS folder and file and deleted them and then emptied my wastebasket to no avail. This is costing me about $2000 because I cannot burn a simple video.

Intel iMac 24 inch 4 gigs ram, Mac OS X (10.5.2), Airport network in my house.

Posted on Aug 28, 2008 8:17 PM

8 replies

Aug 28, 2008 9:38 PM in response to SoCal

I always appreciate the help I get on these discussions but this has to be the most useless response I have ever gotten. I know what files make up a DVD. Please read my post.

Note: I am getting an error message saying that the folder VIDEO_TS is in my build folder so it cannot burn a DVD. I have erased, destroyed and rubbed out EVERY VIDEO_TS file On my entire computer and I still get the error message while attempting to burn a DVD in DVD Pro.

This is costing me money.

Aug 28, 2008 10:06 PM in response to Eric Pautsch1

I always quote the error message that Apple provides so that the situation is as clear to you as it is to me. I agree, it's a useless description of what is going on. That is why I am asking you all for help. I have no idea what a "build location" is but Apple must have some idea and therefore maybe one of you DVD Studio Pro users will. Isn't that the idea of the forum?

I will call Apple tomorrow and go through the restarting and trashing preferences and all that but I hoped I might have caught someone all jazzed up after Obama's speech who might want to lend a hand.

Nov 5, 2008 1:38 AM in response to Greg Bayol

No-one seems to have answered your question yet so I'll chime in. The build location is a folder on your hard disk where DVD SP prepares the files before burning them to a disc. These locations can be modified by going to Preferences > Destinations. The default is set to the same location as your assets but it is worth checking the fallback folder as well, which is by default located at ~/Library/Caches/DVD Studio Pro Files.

To fix the issue, either delete the VIDEO_TS folder at this location or change the destination to a different folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.