4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2009 6:17 AM by robogobo
Aperture Anne Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
I am using Aperture 2.1.1 I import images as managed files and change the names to a custom master name (basically my initialsyear_month_daytime). I have the "do not import duplicates" box checked. This works for my other cameras, but Aperture keeps importing duplicates from my iPhone. They all end up re-named the same, so it isn't hard to see that there are duplicate masters there.

Any suggestions what to do to keep it from duplicating the iPhone images? Thanks!

15" MBP
  • Dr Congo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I'm having the same problem. It's not all the photos on my iPhone, but every time I plug it in to my MBP Aperture tries to reimport about 20 photos, it's gradually increasing too.
  • solefald Level 1 Level 1 (110 points)
    Having same problem here... Aperture and iPhoto, both, do the same thing.
  • robogobo Level 2 Level 2 (290 points)
    same problem here exactly. It's not all the photos, just the same 15 of them everytime. really annoying since I can't see any differences in the metadata. I even deleted the dupes, and deleted all the photos from the iphone, then resynchronized to the aperture folder. It still wants to import those 15 photos when I reconnect. Performing a manual import immediately after they're imported does not cause duplicates though, only when I first connect the iphone.
  • robogobo Level 2 Level 2 (290 points)
    update: so I figured this was too small a problem to be fixed, and the duplicate photos were not sooo important. So, I deleted all photos from the iphone, then deleted all versions of the problem photos in Aperture. Gone- iphone shows zero photos. Then I resynchronized the aperture folder to the iphone, disconnected, and reconnected. Somehow, they're still in there and want to be reimported! what?