Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motorola compatibility? (W385 Plum; MOTOROKR Z6m; MOTORAZR2 V9m)

Dear Common Wisdom:

My daughter wants to get one of the following Motorola phone:

Motorola W385 Plum
Motorola MOTOROKR Z6m
Motorola MOTOROKR Z6m Mandarin
Motorola MOTORAZR2 V9m Bronze

Any comments on their compatibility with iSync?

Thanks,
Kostas

MacBook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Aug 29, 2008 9:22 AM

7 replies

Aug 29, 2008 11:30 AM in response to papa-kostas

Motorola W385 Plum - NOT COMPATIBLE

Motorola MOTOROKR Z6m - NOT COMPATIBLE

Motorola MOTOROKR Z6m Mandarin - NOT COMPATIBLE

Motorola MOTORAZR2 V9m Bronze - NOT COMPATIBLE

A list of compatible Motorola phones is on the *iSync Supported Devices* page here:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/index.html

I have seen a couple of 'hacked together' iSync plugins for the W385 and Z6m on some forums (Google it), but from the comments it appears they are not 100% reliable, so I really couldn't recommend that you purchase a phone based on that.

Aug 30, 2008 4:19 AM in response to papa-kostas

USCellular's range of phones is very poor. Not a single iSync compatible model. And none from Nokia or Sony Ericsson - two of the world's most popular iSync compatible handset manufacturers.

AT&T are probably your best option for iSync compatible phones. Any of their *Sony Ericsson* phones are 100% iSync compatible with an *iSync Plugin* from here.

http://www.wireless.att.com:80/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/cell-phones.jsp?al lTypes=on&feapaytype=standard&startFilter=false&allFeatures=on&mansonyericsson=s onyericsson

Julian

Aluminium 20" iMac 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Apple Required Disclaimer: "I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link."

Sep 9, 2008 10:42 AM in response to papa-kostas

Don't give up!

I have the W385, and prior to my dunking it in a river and having to replace it, it synced perfectly with my Mac. I had to do the "patch" (which I am trying to do again, with limited success so far) but once I did it, my contacts synced great! So I know it can be done, don't accept the "Not Compatible" argument since it only means that they are OFFICIALLY non-compatible. If I can figure out what I did the first time to make things work so smoothly, I'll post the directions here. It CAN be done!

Paul

Motorola compatibility? (W385 Plum; MOTOROKR Z6m; MOTORAZR2 V9m)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.