Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Excel command reference guide

When I switched from Lotus 1-2-3 to Microsoft Excel, one of the things that was much appreciated was a Lotus command selection in Excel's Help which allowed one to refer to commands one was used to using in Lotus and see what the corresponding command sequence was in Excel to accomplish the same task. A similar reference in Numbers referring to Excel commands would be very helpful, at least in the user guide. Is anyone aware of such a help feature, either in the user guide of Numbers or a web page link?

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.11), laptop

Posted on Aug 30, 2008 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2008 2:51 AM

As far as I know, Apple never delivered this kind of tool and I would be surprised if they deliver one in the future.
I build mine for AppleWorks commands.

Yvan KOENIG (from FRANCE dimanche 31 août 2008 11:51:02)
2 replies

Sep 1, 2008 7:35 AM in response to kendonw

There is no such guide that I am aware of, but you might consider just trying to import Excel spreadsheets into Numbers to give you an idea of what formulas & functions are similar or identical across the two applications. Numbers offers a subset of Excel's functions that are identical, some that are not supported at all, & a few that are translated with no difficulty on import.

Where you are likely to notice a big difference in common functions is with time & date data. Numbers provides only a combined date-time data type, so time or date data will include a date or time value respectively which may produce unexpected results.

Excel command reference guide

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.