Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no signal bars in an area with best at&t coverage

what can I do ?

AT&T Technical support Hours of operation:
Mon-Fri: 8 am-11 pm ET
Sat: 9 am-9 pm ET
Sun: Closed

For $130 a month for a phone, I expect 24x7 support

Posted on Aug 31, 2008 7:29 PM

6 replies

Sep 1, 2008 8:01 AM in response to George Colpitts

If you have 2.0.2 firmware on your phone, you should have good battery life with 3G - so that there is not a reason to turn it off.

The current Apple fix for the iPhone not picking up 3G in a 3G area is to switch to airplane mode and then turn Airplane mode off. Not ideal, but it works.

I have great luck with 3G until i go into an Edge area, then when I return to 3G coverage my phone will stay on Edge until I do the Airplane mode trick. I leave my phone on 3G all the time now as i see no reason to disable it - i just wish it would come back on automatically when i return to good 3G coverage area.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.