3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2008 1:11 AM by vr352
Fulvio Flammini Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Hi, i've just purchased the new Asus wl-600g modem router. It has 2 Usb ports and allows printer server.
I own a scx 4200 laser printer. It works fine plugged directly to the macbook.
I managed to configure it on the wl-600g and on the mac, i try a test printing but for some reason a window pops up telling me the host of the network is busy and it will retry again in 5 seconds. When the five seconds have passed it keeps coming up with another 10 sec and so on.
I deleted all the ques, i made a reset on the wl-600g and i also deleted and reconfigured the printer on the mac but the issue still remains unsolved.
The address i set on the printer is 192.168.1.1
Thanks for your Help!

macbook 2.4 ghz, 2gb ram, Mac OS X (10.5.4), Printing on the network
  • Fulvio Flammini Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    I've done some googleing. From nowhere has a appeared a list of the printers supported by my wl-600g. Naturally my printer is not listed in it. Funny thing is that mac compliant printers dont seem to be anywhere on the list. Anyway i am not giving up. Infact on the printer status shown on wl-600g menu, it recognizes my printer, pointing out the name correctly and indicating it's ready to be used.
    This gives me a Hint, maybe i have doen something wrong installing it. Is there a tool or a procedure that i can rely on?
    Thank you very much for your time.

Ps: ftp server, does mac support it? How does it work?
  • Fulvio Flammini Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    I got it. I printed my first page in wireless connection.
    If anyone should ever have my very same problem, here is the how to.
    Modem router wl-600g
    Printer Samsung SCX4200
    Printer is plugged on the router.

Go to -> System preferences-> Printer and Faxes.
    Add Printer -> Choose the IP setting -> set the option LPD
    ->as the address set this ip: 192.168.1.1 (the one of the router)
    For some reason without this next step the printer wont work.
    ->type "LPRServer" in the queue description
    -> set the drivers of the printer, do not set any other drivers.

Save and you are done.
    I am Italian, using an Italian Macosx, therefore the translation might not be perfect. I hope it is at least understnadable!
    Any help just post here. Italian Help Available.

Ps: A little help would have been great.... :P
  • vr352 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I also have the same trouble with my Imac and macbook. My set is Cannon printer 1p 1000 and Azus WL- 600g. My house have 4 windows desktop and laptop it works well on them. I recently bought Imac and macbook (white) it can not print out but it appear to be seen by router.