Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Asus wl-600g and printer...?!

Hi, i've just purchased the new Asus wl-600g modem router. It has 2 Usb ports and allows printer server.
I own a scx 4200 laser printer. It works fine plugged directly to the macbook.
I managed to configure it on the wl-600g and on the mac, i try a test printing but for some reason a window pops up telling me the host of the network is busy and it will retry again in 5 seconds. When the five seconds have passed it keeps coming up with another 10 sec and so on.
I deleted all the ques, i made a reset on the wl-600g and i also deleted and reconfigured the printer on the mac but the issue still remains unsolved.
The address i set on the printer is 192.168.1.1
Thanks for your Help!

macbook 2.4 ghz, 2gb ram, Mac OS X (10.5.4), Printing on the network

Posted on Sep 1, 2008 5:35 AM

3 replies

Sep 2, 2008 2:37 AM in response to Fulvio Flammini

I've done some googleing. From nowhere has a appeared a list of the printers supported by my wl-600g. Naturally my printer is not listed in it. Funny thing is that mac compliant printers dont seem to be anywhere on the list. Anyway i am not giving up. Infact on the printer status shown on wl-600g menu, it recognizes my printer, pointing out the name correctly and indicating it's ready to be used.
This gives me a Hint, maybe i have doen something wrong installing it. Is there a tool or a procedure that i can rely on?
Thank you very much for your time.

Ps: ftp server, does mac support it? How does it work?

Sep 17, 2008 2:23 AM in response to Fulvio Flammini

I got it. I printed my first page in wireless connection.
If anyone should ever have my very same problem, here is the how to.
Modem router wl-600g
Printer Samsung SCX4200
Printer is plugged on the router.

Go to -> System preferences-> Printer and Faxes.
Add Printer ➕ -> Choose the IP setting -> set the option LPD
->as the address set this ip: 192.168.1.1 (the one of the router)
For some reason without this next step the printer wont work.
->type "LPRServer" in the queue description
-> set the drivers of the printer, do not set any other drivers.

Save and you are done.
I am Italian, using an Italian Macosx, therefore the translation might not be perfect. I hope it is at least understnadable!
Any help just post here. Italian Help Available.

Ps: A little help would have been great.... :P

Asus wl-600g and printer...?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.