Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

HD Rental in the UK - any with 5.1?

800 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2008 3:55 PM by Graham Lucas RSS
Graham Lucas Level 1 Level 1 (45 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 1, 2008 3:23 PM
Hi all,

I've finally hooked up my Apple TV to my HD projector and AV receiver and I'm keen to try an HD film from the iTunes store.

However I want to make sure I get a full Dolby 5.1 soundtrack and I can't find any film that's labelled as 5.1 or Dolby Digital. There are quite a few that have the Dolby logo but I'm worried that these are only stereo with a Pro-logic mix. (I'm wary as I've already purchased a movie in the HD category that was SD!)

So, can anyone in the UK confirm that the Dobly (sic) symbol means that it really is Dolby Digital 5.1?

Cheers,

Graham
MacBook 2GHz and iMac 24" white (and Apple TV), Mac OS X (10.5.4)
  • Alley_Cat Level 6 Level 6 (16,635 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 1, 2008 3:43 PM (in response to Graham Lucas)
    When you rent them just before you confirm it tells you something along the lines of 'you're renting a HD movie only playable on AppleTv with 5.1 surround' if it has it.

Anyhow the dolby logo generally means 5.1 as far as I can tell on the few I've rented (Beowulf, Stardust and the bore me to death Jesse James story).

Ac
    iMac Core 2 Duo 20", Mac OS X (10.4.11), Intel Macbook, iPhone, old Risc OS and Windows boxes!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.