Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do You Need A Receipt For Warranty?

i just want to ask because i have 83 days left and i don't have a receipt.

Compaq Presario, Windows XP

Posted on Sep 2, 2008 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2008 5:41 AM

On the Apple Support web page...
https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
you can type in your iPod serial number and check its warranty status. You don't need a receipt if Apple says it is covered. You need a receipt if they say it is NOT covered and you know you have time left on the warranty. This happens because Apple estimates the warranty date based on when the iPod is manufactured, but the warranty is valid starting from when you bought it. So in those last few weeks or month of the warranty period is when there is that grey area where you might need the receipt to prove when you bought it and that it is still covered.
If you do have time left on the warranty and it is literally days left, you might opt to immediately go buy an extended warranty on the iPod to give you another year if you know it needs to be looked at.
Good luck,
Patrick
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2008 5:41 AM in response to ahsanur

On the Apple Support web page...
https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
you can type in your iPod serial number and check its warranty status. You don't need a receipt if Apple says it is covered. You need a receipt if they say it is NOT covered and you know you have time left on the warranty. This happens because Apple estimates the warranty date based on when the iPod is manufactured, but the warranty is valid starting from when you bought it. So in those last few weeks or month of the warranty period is when there is that grey area where you might need the receipt to prove when you bought it and that it is still covered.
If you do have time left on the warranty and it is literally days left, you might opt to immediately go buy an extended warranty on the iPod to give you another year if you know it needs to be looked at.
Good luck,
Patrick

Do You Need A Receipt For Warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.