Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GB Voices Jam Pack - real instrument vocals

Hi all,
Just installed GB Voices Jam Pack. Have recorded real instrument vocal and want to change sound to choral ensemble (for example). However, chorals are only available on software instruments, NOT real instruments. Any ideas?
I mean whats the point of having ensemble choirs if they can't actually sing real words??!!
Disappointed or am I missing an easy fix?
Thank you
Dee

imac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Sep 6, 2008 6:23 AM

2 replies

Sep 6, 2008 8:06 AM in response to Dee Handyside

Dee Handyside wrote:
Hi all,
Just installed GB Voices Jam Pack. Have recorded real instrument vocal and want to change sound to choral ensemble (for example). However, chorals are only available on software instruments, NOT real instruments. Any ideas?

Use the choral ensemble as software instrument chords underneath your real instrument recorded voice.

I mean whats the point of having ensemble choirs if they can't actually sing real words??!!

There is software out there than can turn your own words into its own vocal parts, but that's not what this is. The vocal Jam Pack is a collection of vocal recordings that are available "as is." You can trigger than at different pitches, and for different durations, but you can't change the underlying sample or the words.

The point is that you can still add ensemble vocal textures to your recordings without recording an actual ensemble. However, the ease of doing this with a sample means you are locked into the sample. If you want to add a vocal ensemble singing your words, the best way to do that remains recording an actual vocal ensemble.

GB Voices Jam Pack - real instrument vocals

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.