11837 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2008 12:28 AM by apple id 123
AT&T has an option to talk to an iPhone rep. Anyway, I ended up having to go to an Apple store an hour and a half away, where they restored my iPhone. I asked if the problem would reoccur if I restored my back-up, and the "genius" said he didn't know anything about PCs, so he couldn't tell me. Great support... I did restore my back-up from the previous version. No problems yet. Just cost me about 4 gallons of fuel and 4 hours of my life... And Apple says they're better than Microsoft? Yeah, right.
On a different computer device:
1) Download and install ITunes
2) Connect your iPhone
3) Complete a Restore of the iPhone by selecting Restore on the iPhone menu
4) Check the status of the iPhone - once the Restore is complete, the iPhone should be operational without your dat
5) Disconnect the iPhone
6) Go to the computer device where you originally had the issue
7) Bring up iTunes
8) Conduct a restore from Backup on the iPhone device menu (click on menu) - this will bring back your data
Please note that you do not need to have your iPhone reset at the Apple Store if this works and that setting up a separate user id on the same computer does not work if the iTunes application is available for all users on the device.