Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Long Should I wait for 2.02 Upgrade to Complete before Taking Action?

I have the first generation iPhone, and I followed the steps to update to 2.02. Everything appeared fine, up to the point that I got a message saying that the update was complete and to standby for my phone to be reset, and to not close iTunes as the iPhone will reappear in the iTunes window, and to not disconnect my phone.

50 minutes has passed, and my iPhone has not re-appeared in the iTunes window, and my phone has the cable connecing into iTunes symbol on its screen with the message that to unlock only in an emergency. How much longer should I wait before I "do something"?

First gen iPhone, Windows XP, PC Laptop

Posted on Sep 9, 2008 7:50 AM

1 reply

Sep 9, 2008 10:54 AM in response to JimCity3000

I returned home after a few hours to see the same message, but after reading some other posts I learned that the information being displayed on my phone (The emergency slider, with the symbol of a usb connecting to iTunes) meant that it needed to connect to iTunes / computer. All I did was closed iTunes, opened it back up again and after a minute or two my phone was usuable again and the update was successful.

How Long Should I wait for 2.02 Upgrade to Complete before Taking Action?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.