Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Visualizer?

Hey,

After downloading ITunes 8 and being mesmerized by the visualizer, I was wondering why Apple TV doesn't have the visualizer option as a screensaver? It would be great as a backdrop for parties and would save me the hassle of connecting my comptuer to my tv.

Anyone have any info on this?

Message was edited by: ba_lloyd

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Sep 9, 2008 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2008 5:23 PM

Having just been prompted by your post, I've just checked the new visualizer. Stunning!

In answer to your question.... Apple always ensures that it's products have some sort of differentiator between them. This means that the TV is unlikely to get this fantastic bit of technology.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....
11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2008 5:23 PM in response to ba_lloyd

Having just been prompted by your post, I've just checked the new visualizer. Stunning!

In answer to your question.... Apple always ensures that it's products have some sort of differentiator between them. This means that the TV is unlikely to get this fantastic bit of technology.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

Sep 19, 2008 11:49 AM in response to Agent654L

so, i was searching for an appletv visualizer as well, came across this post, checked out the itunes 8 new visualizer and just blew 40 minutes staring at it... cool!

Perhaps future versions of AppleTV will have a bit more power/ram considering the fast changing pace of electronic media and overhead and bandwidth required to play/stream that media, making it a future capability.

I had a party over the weekend and it would have been sweet to have the visualizer up instead of some dumb pictures i took last year 😮

Apple TV Visualizer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.