Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime and apple events

On my aluminium iMac I can never view the keynote addresses from apple events. Everytime I click to view it Quicktime opens but nothing loads up and when i press play it just times out after 8 seconds.

However my old Powerbook G4 and iPhone 3G the event loads first time straight away. Any ideas?

iMac Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Sep 11, 2008 8:45 AM

6 replies

Sep 13, 2008 2:32 PM in response to KYL

I am having the same problem...when i try and view the keynote..i get a quicktime window that pops up with a status bar in it that flashes from left to right like its loading or something..but nothing ever happens even after a few hours of leaving it there...any suggestions?? i am able to view it on my pc with no problems...the weird thing is that after a few weeks of the keynote being up there and trying to view it...i am able to see it a few weeks after it has been up for a while...not sure what is going on??
please help!

Sep 13, 2008 2:39 PM in response to KYL

Forgot to mention I am running Leopard 10.5.4 and everything is at its latest version both safari and quicktime. I have never been able to view a keynote address since I bought the iMac last November.

On my Powerbook G4 I am running Tiger 10.4.11 and the keynote loads up first time.

I know it doesnt load when It first gets put up due to the amount of traffic on it but usually the day after it will load fine but it doesnt do it on my aluminium iMac.

Sep 22, 2008 6:23 AM in response to KYL

Hi KYL,

Quit QuickTime first.

Drag the following files to the Desktop:
com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist
com.apple.QuickTime.plist
com.apple.quicktimeplayer.plist

They are located here: /Users/YourName/Library/Preferences. Drag those files to the Desktop. Now, go to this page: http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/0809dt4bs89/event/index.html and see if QT works for you. If it does, drag those files to the trash, empty the trash and reboot. Those are preference files that can become corrupted. Your Mac will make new ones for you when you re-launch QT. Hopefully this will help.

Carolyn 🙂

Message was edited by: Carolyn Samit

Quicktime and apple events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.