Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't quit application: Weatherbug Lite

Having note that Weatherbug Lite causes some computers to not sleep I and having that problem, I tried to quit the application in order to trash it. Nothing works. I thought I'd check Startup Items folder thinking it must have something int there and can't find that.

Yikes

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Sep 11, 2008 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2008 2:09 AM

Quote from WeatherBug Support:

http://weather.weatherbug.com/support/weatherbug-mac.html#cantDelete

+# WeatherBug Lite doesn't run, but I can't trash it either. The finder keeps telling me "Cannot delete because program it is still open." How do I get rid of it?+

"For some reason, WeatherBug is still running on your system without displaying an interface. If you are the administrator of the computer, or have administrator access, you can quit the WeatherBug Lite application by opening up the "Terminal" and typing killall "WeatherBug Lite". If you do not have administrator access, follow the instructions for uninstall here. Be sure to move WeatherBug Lite to the trash (even though you can not delete it) and restart your machine. After restarting you should be able to empty the trash -- removing WeatherBug Lite from your system."
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2008 2:09 AM in response to Gordon A Bonnel

Quote from WeatherBug Support:

http://weather.weatherbug.com/support/weatherbug-mac.html#cantDelete

+# WeatherBug Lite doesn't run, but I can't trash it either. The finder keeps telling me "Cannot delete because program it is still open." How do I get rid of it?+

"For some reason, WeatherBug is still running on your system without displaying an interface. If you are the administrator of the computer, or have administrator access, you can quit the WeatherBug Lite application by opening up the "Terminal" and typing killall "WeatherBug Lite". If you do not have administrator access, follow the instructions for uninstall here. Be sure to move WeatherBug Lite to the trash (even though you can not delete it) and restart your machine. After restarting you should be able to empty the trash -- removing WeatherBug Lite from your system."

Can't quit application: Weatherbug Lite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.