Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using my Macbook as the access point for the Nintendo DS

Here's the setup: fiber optic modem, non-wireless router, Macbook, Nintendo DS. The Macbook is hooked to the internet through an ethernet cable. I'm wanting to share the internet with my DS through the Macbook.

I've set up internet sharing through the sharing preference, with sharing from ethernet on the Macbook to computers using AirPort. On the Network preference, the Airport option is on, but with a self-assigned IP address. The DS can find the Mac, but can't connect. Has anyone been able to connect using this method or do I have to do something else to get my DS to connect?

Thanks!

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Sep 13, 2008 8:08 PM

2 replies

Sep 14, 2008 2:10 AM in response to Untmdsprt

It should be possible to share the connection to the DS as a mate of mine uses his Mac Mini to get online with his Wii.

Isn't there an option when you create a new wireless network to make your machine work as an access point? I setup an iMac in work as an access point for my iPod Touch ages ago this way i think.

Im sure a google search for sharing a Mac wireless connection with a Wii would get you the answers you need.

Using my Macbook as the access point for the Nintendo DS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.