Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 8 - oy!

Not particularly impressed with iTunes 8, and I have not used it extensively yet.

First, "genius" is not so bright. I had hoped it would make interesting associations for me; instead the choices it makes are simple-minded. I turned it off.

There are also some annoying behaviors.

1. That click-whoosh sound. Can I turn it off before I throw my computer out the window?
2. The behavior on clicking on an object is nonstandard, at least on my machine. If you click on an object, you have to move the mouse pointer away from the object before iTunes responds.

At least so far, I've got a bunch of annoyance for zero benefit...

Stu

Dell XPS M2010, Windows Vista, dual processor

Posted on Sep 15, 2008 10:09 AM

5 replies

Sep 15, 2008 12:15 PM in response to Stu Farnham

I have XP, and 8.0 has been disastrous. First, genius made itunes almost completely stop functioning, so I diabled it. Then, when I plugged in an external hard drive my computer was unable to recognize it...strange. Then, I went to sync my ipod and itunes just froze. Then, I uninstalled itunes, did a system resotre, and then reinstalled itunes. Then, it partially synced my ipod, but then had some sort of error with importing artwork, and itunes froze. Then, restart, deleted all artwork and then got it again. Now, the ipod syncs up until an error message comes up and says there is an error with the G drive (ipod). I'm at a loss of what to do. Everything was working just fine with itunes 7.7. Get it together Apple!

Any ideas?

iTunes 8 - oy!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.