Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Stars display

I love the iPhone iTunes Remote app!
Just wish it would display your current playing song's star rating, as it is now (at least for me) it's always no stars, unless I set them on the phone, and then only wile the song is still playing.

if you are not showing them so as to let us get a fresh review should we feel the need to set them again I can see that... but I would lso like an option to see them before I may change them, if they have a rating...

G5 Dual 2.3, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Sep 16, 2008 8:46 PM

6 replies

Sep 18, 2008 8:04 PM in response to Steven Dodds

Agreed: Remote is great... BUT, I have the same problem with star ratings. Everything in remote shows up with no stars, regardless of how it's rated in my iTunes library.

Clearly, there is some problem with my librray. I thought it may be a permissions issue, so I repaired permissions, but that did not fix it. I've had this problem for some time now and figured the new iTunes 8 and Remote 1.1 would help. They did not.

Anyone else dealing with this?

-s

Oct 5, 2008 7:33 PM in response to Steven Dodds

I'm still seeking some help on this as well... And I can add more info:

My star ratings are also absent when using another computer to play my music via a Shared Library.

In other words, all of my music lives on an iMac. I can control it all via Remote.app on iPhone, but when I do, it does not show me each song's previously rated star rating.

The same goes for using a Mac Book Pro to play music on the iMac via a shared library. I can play the music, but the "Rating" column is empty.

Any insight out there?

Remote Stars display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.