Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture screwing with brightness in full screen mode

For some reason whenever I go into full screen mode Aperture keeps adjusting the brightness of my images. Every time I do anything it first looks "normal" then the brightness gets jacked up a few percentage points. When I turn on the Loupe, the image shown inside the loupe is darker (as it should be) as this odd "auto brightness" effect doesn't show up there. When not in full screen mode this doesn't happen. Saving the photo results in the correct image as well. So long story short this is only happening in full screen mode.

I tried disabling the "On screen proofing" but it doesn't seem to have an effect. This is driving me nuts because I have no way to see the ACTUAL image until I save it! Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 18, 2008 12:00 AM

4 replies

Sep 18, 2008 1:23 AM in response to drvelocity

Another update: I changed my external display to "default" in ColorSync Profiles as recommended in another thread, still have the same problem.

I have now noticed that this phenomenon only occurs when the image being displayed on screen has to be scaled down to fit - so apparently there is something going on with Aperture's image preview being created on the fly?

Aperture screwing with brightness in full screen mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.