Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crystal shield protector for nano - 3-4 weeks

Just got off the phone with Power Support and they don't expect the Crystal Shields for nano to be ready for 3-4 weeks. If you call them and give them your email address they will put you on notification list. Don't know if I can wait that long as my nano will likely be here before then. I may go with a Martin Fields in the meantime.

Note: Just to be cler, this "Crystal" shield is actually referred to as a "film" and is different from the "Crystal" shield by Decalgirl.

Posted on Sep 26, 2005 4:57 PM

5 replies

Sep 26, 2005 9:26 PM in response to Bluesygirl

Im thinking about either power supports shield, as it got a good review on ilounge, or the invisible shield, which covers the sides whereas the powersupports does not.

plus, i dont think i can wait 3 - 4 weeks. The only thing that bothers me about the invisible shield is that you have to apply it wet to your nano. I dont see how that can not damage your ipod because water will be seeping into the nano through the openings near the scroll wheel.

Sep 26, 2005 10:26 PM in response to Bluesygirl

It's not like you are dipping the iPod in water so I have no problem doing this to put it on. You just dip the Inv. shield into the water and let the excess water drip off and then stick it on and 'squeegee' it clean with a credit card. If you are really worried about water hurting the machine just cover the dock connector on the bottom with tape and you should have any problems.

http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2005/GearNGadgets/September2005/RDMGG_Invisib leShieldFirstLook.htm#1WkUpdate

There is a good review on it and the finished product looks so much better than my friggin 'crystal' shield 😐

Crystal shield protector for nano - 3-4 weeks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.