Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod on iPhone Shuffling My Music When I Don't Want it Shuffled

A few weeks ago I noticed that my iPhone 3G started shuffling my music in playlists without me clicking the Shuffle button. I set up several playlists where the order is very important, does anyone know if there is a bug and if the bug will be fixed, when? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

Dell 3.2GHz P4, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Sep 19, 2008 5:37 AM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2008 5:42 AM in response to BrentNHunter

It isn't a bug, but rather not clear usability. If you ever click the "word" Shuffle when looknig at a list, that isn't really the place to set shuffle, but rather a shortcut. What it does is turn Shuffle on (setting) then start playing.

Go play any song.
Tap middle of screen.
Another progress menu will appear near top.
In that menu it has Shuffle, Repeat and Progress options.
There if Shuffle is Blue (on) tap it to turn it White (off).

And remember, if you ever click the word Shuffle in a list again, it turns that setting on as it is a global setting to the iPod player.

iPod on iPhone Shuffling My Music When I Don't Want it Shuffled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.